Saturday 19 October 2013

Morning Walk

“When I admire the wonder of a sunset or the beauty of the moon, my soul expands in worship of the creator”  – Mahatma Gandhi.

You do not need to travel to Kerala or Kashmir to enjoy the beauty of nature. People tend to believe that nature’s beauty can be perfectly seen and felt only in these special places and they forget to observe the beauty of nature around them. And sadly I was one of them.

Recently I happened to go for a morning walk in the park opposite to my apartment. I realised many people go for a morning walk in the same park everyday at the same time. I wondered how they could do that for years without getting bored? I found my answers eventually. The next day, again, I went for a morning walk and noticed that majority of the people there, were old but they could walk faster than me. The thought of it made me eager to know how it works. I could feel the difference in me by each passing day. 30 minutes everyday, I started spending  time with myself, feeling the touch of the air around me, the grass under me, the silence around me. The people around me made me forget all the worries in my life. I started connecting myself with this place which I hated for years. This actually works and I am not kidding!

People get busier when the day starts progressing and the only simple way to get stress-free life is by enjoying the first few hours everyday with nature. Many of us try to stay awake the whole night and never get to see the daylight. Night has its own darker silence but experiencing the same silence in the light, is a beauty in itself.


Half an hour walk everyday with music in your ears gives a carefree start to the day. It gives you a positive approach to control your activities by yourself and not let time control your activities.

2 comments: