Sunday 6 October 2013

Gift - A token of Love


Whether it’s a birthday or a normal day, receiving as well as giving gifts is always a delight. In the last few days I happened to gift and receive a gift from my special ones. So I choose to write about the feelings we undergo when we hand over and are on the receiving end of love!

A month spent to design the way to deliver my love

 It was a friend's birthday and I started planning the gift a month in advance. She lives thousands of kilometers away but that did not deter me from wanting to make her day a special one. I sent her a customized gift that she could relate to. Each part of the gift was analysed, examined and changed after consulting many people for their opinion. I also infused the gift with little parts of me hoping that those parts would bring a smile to her face. I crossed my fingers and dispatched it for delivery.

'Gifts are an effort to remind people of the kind of bond we share with them. The happiness we get from hearing the other person's reaction on receiving it makes it worthwhile. Everybody should find time from their busy life to schedule a gift as a token of remembrance.'

When I was on the receiving end of the love
I dedicate this small piece of my writing to my love who
gifted me words that I can flourish forever.

Two days ago while I was still asleep on my bed, a constant ringing of the doorbell woke me up. With an increased temper I decided to blow off the person who disturbed my lazy morning. It was The DTDC courier guy carrying a big envelop from a close friend. At once my anger melted into excitement. I quickly signed and took the packet and hurried off into my room to open it. It was a handmade card and a neat tiny immature handwriting on it which had a cute message. Inside it was a long letter which gave me goosebumps as I read each line of it.

'Even small gifts have an everlasting effect on one’s heart. Lot of time has been spent by the other person to make it more expressive and thoughtful. It is equally important for the person on the receiving end to express their gratitude once they receive it otherwise the whole meaning of the gift would be lost.'


No comments:

Post a Comment